Just wanted to give everyone a quick heads up–make sure you book your hotel reservations by July 18th! Rate and availability is only guaranteed through that date. You will still be able to make reservations after this deadline if the hotel has rooms available, but the price will increase by $35.
Please please please send in your RSVP if you haven’t…
We are starting to make our must-play song list…any suggestions? Let us know what you want to hear by commenting below!
Today is July 1st, which means we can officially say we get married “next month”! Craig has been busy moving his stuff little by little over to my place, and I have been busy making room! We are so excited not just for the wedding, but to be married and all the things that come with it. It has been so much fun to plan for things beyond the wedding and start our life together.
And okay, the wedding is pretty exciting too We can’t wait to celebrate with you all soon! Don’t forget, you have two weeks left to RSVP! Please save us from having to track you down in the midst of all this wedding chaos by dropping yours in the mail now. We appreciate it!
Jenny (and Craig)
We enjoyed a beautiful Memorial Day weekend lounging by the pool and grilling out with friends, which only means one thing: summer is here! The days are already flying by. Jenny’s family came out to visit in May, Craig’s sister and brother-in-law will be in Chicago this week, and we are flying to California in July for groomsman Ryan’s wedding (and maybe a pit stop at Disneyland ). We are very excited for what this summer holds, but can’t believe there is still so much to do before August 18.
We’ve been planning for this day for many months, and one of our favorite parts is seeing our friends and family start to plan for it too. Each day is now filled with a “Aunt So-and-So is coming!” We know many of you are starting to receive your invitations and hope you’ll be able to celebrate with us.
One question a few have asked: The chapel and reception hall are both air-conditioned. We can’t promise what the weather will be like though, so be praying for a beautiful day!
Feel free to comment here or email us with questions. Hope to see you soon.
We can’t believe it’s less than 5 months until our wedding–our engagement is already half over! With the date fast approaching, we thought we’d post a new entry especially for our out-of-town guests.
We are so excited about the accommodations for our wedding weekend and all the deals/benefits they are including. Here are 5 reasons to stay at the Hampton Inn instead of somewhere else!
- Free shuttle - The hotel has agreed to provide a free shuttle to our guests to/from our ceremony and reception site. Out-of-towners with a terrible sense of direction? Want to party all night and not worry about driving? This one is especially for you! (We heard a rumor that with a little prodding they will also shuttle guests for free to the train station to downtown or other nearby attractions.)
- Location, location, location! - The closest hotel to all weekend wedding events means being right in the heart of all the action! Not to mention only a short drive or train ride to everything downtown Chicago has to offer.
- Complimentary daily breakfast - We’ve been here before, and the breakfast is good–much better than the average hotel breakfast!
- Discounted rate - Jenny and Craig are each known for being thrifty – when you combine the two, you know we wouldn’t settle for anything less than the best deal around.
- Extra time with the bride and groom - We will both be staying at the hotel for the weekend. Friday night we will be visiting with our out-of-town guests at the hotel bar (festivities begin at 9 pm!). Sunday morning we will be joining our guests for a farewell breakfast before leaving for our home and soon after, honeymoon!
Don’t forget to check out the accommodations page here for more information. Rates and space are only guaranteed until July 18, so be sure to make your reservations soon! We can’t wait to see you all.
Jenny and Craig
We are so excited to be engaged and can’t wait to have you there to celebrate our marriage with us on August 18, 2012.
Here you will find everything you wanted to know (and more!) regarding our wedding. Please check back periodically, as we will be updating this site with helpful tips for out-of-towners, wedding day details, and other useful information.
Jenny and Craig